Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More ideas

Sorry I haven't been updating this more frequently. I will try and do better. :)

I made another notecard set for my daughter's cheerleading coach. Her birthday is the 25th (and I am SO excited it is already complete before the day of).LOL She is a graduate of Texas Tech, and our cheer gym's colors are both Black & Red. So I thought I couldn't go wrong with a black/red color scheme for her notecard set. I think I am going to get a small basket from the dollar store and put a bottle of lotion or something like that with the notecard set. Here is a picture of the notecard set


(Sorry for all the extra "ink" marks that are on my table and not on the card or envelope)

I cut the black CS 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2 size), then the white CS is 4 x 5 1/4, red strip is 4 x 1 (polka dots are the Polka Dot Basics stamp set from Papertrey Ink.) Marvy scallop circle punch (blue), red circle is a whale punch, then white circle is Marvy punch (yellow) with dot circle stamp is Borders & Corners set from Papertrey Ink and the "K" is from a stamp set purchased at Hobby Lobby. I used the same polka dot stamp (that I used on the red strip) to stamp on the flap of the envelope to give it some interest. I hope she likes it.


Birthday Card Swap
I participated in a birthday card swap last month. It was my first ever swap to do. It was fun. This swap was a kid birthday card swap. We had to make 6 kid birthday cards, then we get 5 back. The extra one went to a good cause. Here are the pictures of the birthday cards I made



This last one I cannot take credit for. My GREAT friend Hope made it helping me out because we spent our lunch hour finishing up the cards to get them in the mail by that day. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Sometimes that is the story of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great gift idea for the coach! Love all your birthday cards...you are very talented!!! :)