Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge

I visited Dawn McVey's blog yesterday, and saw that she had posted a color challenge.

After seeing the color combination, and thinking for a day on what kind of card I could make, I saw a card laying on my scrapbook table that I made several weeks ago to give to a dear friend that used these colors. (you can see the original card I made if you scroll down a couple of posts) I recreated the card with a few minor changes that I think helped the card pop a little bit more.

(Sorry about the second picture being blurry. I was trying to take a picture showing the 3D of the wing on the bird.)

The card is 4x4. All paper is from CTMH Emporium paper pack (except for the white cardstock). I used the swiss dot Cuttlebug die on the brown background layer and stamped the bird and sentiment from the Happy Everything stamp set from Hero Arts (purchased at JoAnn's) I colored the bird with a teal blue map pencil. (and orange one for his beak :) ) I then stamped the bird image again on the teal blue cardstock and used my sharp scissors and cut the wing out and placed a pop dot under it for dimension. I had the ribbon in my stash for sometime, but I do remember I purchased it at the Dollar Tree (Miss Elizabeth's brand ribbon).


Thanks for looking!!



stamps: Hero Arts Happy Everything

ink: Cocoa (CTMH)

paper: CTMH Emporium paper pack

2 comments:

Lori said...

Cute card, I love the bird

Winter said...

This is so sweet! What a cute bird!