Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just Buggin' Challenge 14

I made some CD Sleeve cookie holders for my daughters birthday for her 1st Grade class back in September. I purchased a box of assorted colored sleeves at WalMart, then used the cricut to cut out the 2 1/2" circle (George cartridge) and the party hat. I think they were from the Doodlecharm cartridge. Layered the pom pom of the hat.

A co-worker saw the picture of these and asked me to make a set of them for her daughters class. Her daughter is a teacher and thought it would be something different for her to hand out to her students for a little Christmas treat.

Tip: To make your cookies CD size, fill an ice cream scoop (not heaping) with the cookie dough and they will come out the right size. I also wrap the cookies in saran wrap before placing into the CD sleeve. :)

So, below is the picture of the ones I made for her this evening. The dot paper was purchased from Hobby Lobby (The Paper Studio brand) and cut out with my scalloped Nestability and the Cuttlebug. I then cut the white circle at 2 1/2" with the George cartridge and the stocking was from the Doodlecharm cartridge, cut at 2". I then cut the cuff and heel/toe pieces from red & green cardstock to give the stocking some dimension. I am not positive this is what Samantha meant by a layering challenge since she gave the same cut shape layered as an example but I thought since this did have 2 layers to give the stocking dimension, I would play along any way. :) Go check out all the other fabulous entries at Just Buggin'! Thanks for looking.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I love the paper you've used, and the stocking is just too cute for words! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Buggin!

Kandi *JB DT*

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Great Idea. I'll definately have to cast this one.

Lisa
JB-DT

Saxo Stamper said...

This is a brillaint idea.

I love it.

Best wishes
Karen
JB DT

The Adventure of Linds and Lyds! said...

Super cute! I wish we could make cookies for my DD's school.

Thanks for playing with us on JB!

michelle