Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm Back....

Well, I am hoping once again to be more regular in my postings!  It has been awhile since I have even been crafty!  My husband bought me a Scrapbox for my birthday...and I LOVE it!  I have everything in its place in a labeled drawer.

My best girlfriend and I participated this past year in a Secret Pal swap with PaperCraftPlanet.  It was fun.  The reason I am telling you this is because her secret pal participates with creating cards for Designed 2 Delight.  On her blog, if you participate by making a card with her latest image, then she will send you the next image free.  As long as you keep creating each week, she will send you the next digital image to use.  Her images are really cute!  You should check them out.

So, with all that being said hopefully this will give me the push I need to keep this ole' blog updated.  I have decided to go ahead and post all the craft/home decor/cooking things on here instead of limiting it to only papercrafting.  That should give me enought subject matter to keep this thing rollin'. :)

This week is my first week to participate in the designed2delight challenge.  I thought the Falloween Cat was a cutie!!  First, I created a bag topper using the kitty.  Then I was worried that it had to be a card to count for the challenge (I haven't gone back to read the requirements again yet :)) So, I made a card too!  {Good excuse to do another crafty item and not clean house *wink*}

So, I printed the Falloween cat and colored it in with map pencils.  I decided to cut him out, and didn't want to try and cut out the small string holding the star....so I cut that part off and repalced it with a piece of black twine and a yellow button that I cut the back off of with hubbie's wire snips and attached it to the bag topper with a glue dot.  I stamped "a little treat for you" directly to the snack size baggie with Staz On ink.    The orange paper is K & Company paper pack that I got on clearance last year at Michaels. *love good deals!*

Ok....then I started wondering if it had to be a card to pariticpate in the challenge...SO, I decided to print another one and create a card.  Again, all the papers used were from the K& Co. paper stack.  You can't tell in the picture, but I pop dotted the cat to give it some dimension. 


Thanks for looking!  Be sure to check out the Designed 2 Delight blog and all the other great submissions!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your treat bag! Great idea to stamp right on the baggie! Your card is adorable too! Thanks for joining us @ Designed2Delight!
(P.S. Welcome to D2D Krissa! ANY project using the current freeie is acceptable. You might also check out this week's DT Challenge @ Designed2Delight!)

Hope said...

LOVE IT! Love the card and treat bag....super creative of you!!!! :)