Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jitterbuggin Challenge

I came across the challenge over at Jitterbuggin and decided I would play along. The challenge was to create a card following a sketch, using the color grey somewhere, sports theme and something cut from your Cricut.


This was quite a challenge for me. My first thought was to make a card for my daughter's cheerleading coach. A lot of people don't consider cheerleading a sport, but the coach and athletes work very hard training in the gym 3 times a week for all the travelling to compeitions we do. My daughter's squad won nationals this year at their cheerleading competiton so I thought a congrats card would be good for him. There were so many challenges on the squad this year. He had to change the routine several times due to sickness and/or injuries. My daughter cheers competitively with Amarillo Cheer Elite and we LOVE it. Wonderful Christian coach who is encouraging, positive and wonderful role model. The colors of the gym are Red/Black and White.

I started with a grey striped paper from a DCWV paper stack and used a black marker & ruler to give it a more plaid look since I didn't have any plaid paper that went with the color scheme. :) I then cut megaphones, trophy and the cheerleader using Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. I couldn't find my gold glitter, so I added prisma glitter, then decided to color it in with a golden marker to give it the 'gold trophy' look. My daughter told me I needed to add the number 1 to the trophy, so I did. Then I added a little bit of details with my white marker to his hair (which I wasn't thrilled with), clothes and the megaphones. My computer decided to give me fits tonight, so I handwrote 'congrats' instead of printing it out.

I came across this site by accident the other day, so I hope to participate in many more challenges. Thanks!!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Such a cute, cute card~~love it!!


Thanks for Jitterbuggin'


Sherri