Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pinterest & New Recipe

Well, I have to tell ya.  Even though my degree is in Computer Science, I am usually one of the last ones to find out about the cool 'toys' that are out there.  I am on computers and fixing them all the time, so I don't much use them just to 'play around on'.  Well, the other night I was looking into what 'Pinterest' was.  At first, I thought it was something just like Facebook, so I wasn't interested.  One place to check-in is enough for me.  Well, I have now discovered that it is REALLY COOL!  I think of it as online bookmarks.  I am constantly coming across things on blogs that I like and printing them off or emailing the link to myself to save for a later time.  Of course then the printout gets lost, or in the bottom of a stack somewhere, and the emailed link is so far down in my email list, I hardly ever go back to clean it up cuz I saved the email once, so I don't go cleaning that far back.

So, long story short, I have 'pinned' a lot of craft items, recipes and home decor items on my 'pinterest' page.  So no more of having to printout or email and try to remember all the cool things I came across and thought I might be able to reproduce for some reason or another. :)

One item I 'pinned' was Doughnut Muffins by TidyMom.  My girls thought they sounded yummy, so I made them for breakfast today.  TidyMom is right....they are YUMMY!!  I made mini muffins and dipped them in the butter, then cinnamon sugar for easier eating.  {Of course, it was me that ate the most.}  They make a great after school snack too!  I doubled the recipe and it made 6 dozen mini muffins.  I will be freezing some so it will be a quick breakfast in the next few weeks again!  These would be great to take to a brunch.  I took a picture just so you can see what they look like.  Big hit with the girls!